* Procedure must be completed in person at City Hall.
* If service is for existing residence with a water meter in tact, the following is required: -Signed User Agreement -Signed Service Agreement -Signed Payment & Shut-Off Policy -$100.00 Meter Deposit (Plus additional $100.00 Deposit for Renters) -$15.00 Connection Fee
* If service is for new residence with no meter in tact, you must contact the Water & Sewer Department for a quotation for water tap, deposit and inspection fee.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING SETTING UP WATER SERVICE, PLEASE CONTACT THE WATER & SEWER DEPARTMENT AT (903) 671-2775 OR EMAIL AT PREDWATER@VALORNET.COM .
MONTHLY PAYMENT POLICIES
* Monthly bills are due on the date listed on the bill.
* A 10% charge will be assesed if full payment is not received by 5 p.m. on the designated due date.
* Payments are accepted at the following locations: -Mailed to Redwater Water & Sewer, PO Box 153, Redwater, Texas -Redwater City Hall M-F 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. or M-F 1:30 p.m. - 5 p.m. -After Hours Drop Box located at Redwater City Hall -First National Bank of Hughes Springs - Redwater location during regular banking hours for current bills only. All late payments must be paid at City Hall. -Payments may be made by credit card online on our website (see "eServices" tab); however, a convenience fee will be charged for this service. -Automatic draft - contact City Hall for details.
* Shut-off lists are prepared monthly on the 30th day after current bill is mailed.
* To avoid $35.00 Shut-off fee, payment must be received by 5 p.m on the 30th day after current bill is mailed.
* By City Ordinance, all accounts placed on the Shut-off list will be charged $35.00 service fee. This charge will be assessed whether or not the service is actually physically turned off before payment is received.
* Since Shut-off dates are past the due date, an additional 10% late charge is also due at this time.
* When a Shut-off notice is delivered the following must be paid before the water service will be turned on: -Entire Old Balance -Entire Current Charges -Shut-off Service Charge -Late Fees
*Shut-off payments will be accepted at City Hall during regular business hours. If payment is received by 2 pm, the water will be turned back on between the hours of 3 pm and 5 pm the same day. If payment is received AFTER 2 pm, the water will be turned back on between the hours of 3 pm and 5 pm the NEXT DAY.
*Should a customer's account appear on the Shut-off list on three separate occasions during a 12-month period, the following will be enacted: -An increase in their deposit in the amount of $50.00 -The $50.00 deposit increase will be billed on the following month's bill and MUST be paid when due. We are apologetic, but NO EXCEPTIONS will be made. -This "12-Month Period" rule has been in effect since October 1, 2003.
* A RED TAG on your premises is your only notification that you water has ALREADY BEEN SHUT OFF.
* Your water will have been shut off at the meter and the meter should not be tampered with. Theft of water is a crime.
* The entire amount due, including any additional default charges, previously stated in this policy, must be paid before service can continue.
*The Shut-off list that determines who will get a RED TAG is compiled each month 30 days after the date current bill was mailed. Payment MUST BE RECEIVED before 5 p.m. on the 30th day after current bill was mailed. You CANNOT mail your payment on this day. You CANNOT drop it by the office after 5 p.m. It is your responsibility to make sure the payment is received at CITY HALL before 5 p.m.
*Again, NO EXCEPTIONS will be made. Please do not call and ask.
RETURN CHECK POLICY
* Any returned check will be charged a $27.00 check fee
* Returned check must be rectified within seven (7) days of date of notification letter from City of Redwater.
* CASH ONLY will be accepted for amount of bill and $27.00 return check fee.
* Any delinquency beyond seven (7) days constitutes disconnection of water service. Customer will then be subject to reconnection fee of $20.00 in addition to return check fee.
* Three return check occurrences in a twelve (12) month period will result in bill payment in CASH ONLY.