* Procedure must be completed in person at City Hall.
* If service is for existing residence with a water meter in tact, the following is required: -Signed User Agreement -Signed Service Agreement -Signed Payment & Shut-Off Policy -$100.00 Meter Deposit (Plus additional $100.00 Deposit for Renters) -$15.00 Connection Fee
* If service is for new residence with no meter in tact, you must contact the Water & Sewer Department for a quotation for water tap, deposit and inspection fee.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING SETTING UP WATER SERVICE, PLEASE CONTACT THE WATER & SEWER DEPARTMENT AT (903) 671-2775 OR EMAIL AT CITY@REDWATERTEXAS.COM
Waste Management trash pick up service is available through the City. Pick up is every Wednesday; cost is $15.94/month plus tax for the first polycart for residents inside city limits. Outside the city, the cost is $26.84/month plus tax for the first polycart. Trash service is only available to the City's utility customers. Call City Hall for more details.
Concerns/Complaints may be directed to Waste Management at 903.794.4111.
MONTHLY PAYMENT POLICIES
* Monthly bills are due on the date listed on the bill.
* A 10% charge will be assesed if full payment is not received by 5 p.m. on the designated due date.
* Payments are accepted at the following locations: -Mailed to Redwater Water & Sewer, PO Box 153, Redwater, Texas -Redwater City Hall M-F 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. or M-F 1:30 p.m. - 5 p.m. -After Hours Drop Box located at Redwater City Hall -Payments may be made by credit card online on our website (see "eServices" tab); however, a convenience fee will be charged for this service. -Automatic draft - contact City Hall for details.
SHUT OFF POLICIES
* "Shut-off Day" will be the 21st of each month, or next business day if the 21st falls on a weekend. Shut-off Lists (disconnect lists) are prepared after close of business of Shut-off Day, usually the next morning. All accounts not paid by close of business on Shut-off Day will be on the disconnect list.
* To avoid $35.00 Shut-off fee, payment must be received by close of business on Shut-off Day.
* By City Ordinance, all accounts placed on the Shut-off list will be charged $35.00 service fee. This charge will be assessed whether or not the service is actually physically turned off before payment is received.
* Accounts on the Shut-off List will be turned off as soon as possible after the 21st (Shut-off Day) without further notice.
* Since Shut-off dates are past the due date, an additional 10% late charge is also due at this time.
* When a Shut-off notice is delivered the following must be paid before the water service will be turned on: -Entire Past Due Balance -Entire Current Balance -Shut-off Service Charge -Late Fees
*Payments will be accepted at City Hall during regular business hours. Water will only be turned back on between the hours of 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm each day. If payment is received after 2 pm, the water will be turned back on between the hours of 3 pm and 5 pm the NEXT DAY.
*If payment is not received within thirty (30) days after service is disconnected, the account will be considered inactive and closed. The customer deposit will be forfeited and applied to the balance owed on the account. Re-connecting to the City water system will require payment of any balance owed on the inactive account, plus a new deposit to re-open the account.
* A RED TAG on your premises is your only notification that your water has ALREADY BEEN SHUT OFF.
* Your water will have been shut off at the meter and the meter should not be tampered with. Theft of water is a crime.
* The entire amount due, including any additional default charges, previously stated in this policy, must be paid before service can continue.
*The Shut-off list that determines who will get a RED TAG is compiled each month as soon as possible after the Shut-off Day close of business. Payment MUST BE RECEIVED before close of business on Shut-off Day (21st). You CANNOT mail your payment on this day. You CANNOT drop it by the office after close of business. It is your responsibility to make sure the payment is received at CITY HALL before close of business on Shut-off Day.
*Again, NO EXCEPTIONS will be made. Please do not call and ask.
RETURNED CHECK POLICY
* Any returned check or auto draft will be charged a $30.00 check fee
* Returned item must be rectified within seven (7) days of date of notification from City of Redwater.
* Only CASH or MONEY ORDER will be accepted for amount of bill and $30.00 return check fee.
* Any delinquency beyond seven (7) days constitutes disconnection of water service. Customer will then be subject to reconnection fee of $25.00 in addition to return check fee.
* Three return check occurrences in a twelve (12) month period will result in bill payment in CASH or MONEY ORDER only.