REDWATER CITY HALL IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
***CITY HALL NOW HAS DRIVE-THROUGH SERVICE OPEN***
Until further notice, Redwater City Hall will be closed to the public. To speak to someone regarding water, permitting, or other city hall issues, please call (903) 671-2775.
Options for making payments are:
- the drop box on the east side of the building
- drive through window
- by mail to: PO Box 209, Redwater, TX, 75573 (payments must be received in our office by due dates to avoid late fees)
- online at this website by clicking here (convenience fee applies)
- over the phone via debit or credit card (convenience fee applies)
- by using your bank's online bill pay service
- recurring automatic draft (time limits apply- call for details). Email this form, along with a copy of a voided check or your bank card with routing and account number information, to email@example.com.
To begin new service, download and complete the forms on our Water & Sewer page. You can either email the completed forms to our billing clerk, bring the completed forms with deposit & fee to the drive through window, or drop them in the drop box at city hall along with your deposit and fee. Visit our Water & Sewer page for more details. Please note that service cannot be connected until the deposit and fees are paid.
Our employees are here to help if you need assistance during regular business hours. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Please wash your hands and practice social distancing.
Joint Operations Center
Bowie County / Miller County / Cities of Texarkana, AR & TX
have published a website for the public to see a list of closures and cancellations, the latest information and updates, and daily updates.
Several local grocery stores and retail establishments have instituted policies to assist senior citizens with shopping and access to groceries they may need in a safe environment. Visit the link embedded in the button below.
The local hotline telephone number is (903) 255-5560
PO BOX 209
REDWATER TX 75573-0209
ATTENTION: WE CANNOT RECEIVE MAIL AT THIS ADDRESS!
120 REDWATER BLVD W
MAUD TX 75567
HOURS OF OPERATION
MONDAY - FRIDAY
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The CodeRed system is used to send community notifications, from evacuation notices to boil water notices to temporary water outage notices. Residents and businesses located within the City of Redwater, as well Redwater water customers that are located outside city limits, are encouraged to sign up for CodeRED to be sure they receive timely notification and other important information and instructions when alerts are issued. This is our way of notifying you in emergency and non-emergency situations.
When you enroll in the CodeRED system, alerts are issued to you by your geographical location. Alerts can be sent to your cell phone, land line, by text, and even email. You get to choose!
The CodeRED alert system is free to our city residents and water customers. To sign up for CodeRED, click here. It will only take a few minutes and this service just may save your life. Please tell all of your friends and family about this invaluable service. If they don't have computer access, have them contact our office and we will be happy to assist them.
HISTORY OF REDWATER
History told by certain individuals
- In 1889, Redwater's first saloon was opened only for a short time because church members did not find it acceptable.
- In 1894, the town name of Ingersoll was officially changed to Redwater as the result of a revival. They chose the name because nearly all of the springs and shallow wells in the area had a reddish color.
- The class of 1919 was the first class to graduate from Redwater High School with 3 graduates.
- The first television in Redwater arrived in August 1953.
- The first telephone dialing to Redwater was offered on September 20, 1968.
If you have questions or comments, please complete the form below. Your question or comment will be forwarded to the appropriate person for review.