***CITY HALL IS CURRENTLY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC;
HOWEVER, DRIVE-THROUGH SERVICE WILL REMAIN OPEN***
PO BOX 209
REDWATER TX 75573-0209
ATTENTION: WE CANNOT RECEIVE MAIL AT THIS ADDRESS!
120 REDWATER BLVD W
MAUD TX 75567
HOURS OF OPERATION
MONDAY - FRIDAY
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
HISTORY OF REDWATER
History told by certain individuals
- In 1889, Redwater's first saloon was opened only for a short time because church members did not find it acceptable.
- In 1894, the town name of Ingersoll was officially changed to Redwater as the result of a revival. They chose the name because nearly all of the springs and shallow wells in the area had a reddish color.
- The class of 1919 was the first class to graduate from Redwater High School with 3 graduates.
- The first television in Redwater arrived in August 1953.
- The first telephone dialing to Redwater was offered on September 20, 1968.
If you have questions or comments, please complete the form below. Your question or comment will be forwarded to the appropriate person for review.